Visco Demolition Contractors Ltd. was incorporated in 1968 by Neil Visser and remains family-owned and operated, with two generation of Vissers working in the business.
Over the last 48 years, we have demolished more than a 1,000 structures. We average over one million square feet of buildings a year, ranging from complete refineries and industrial plants, to commercial buildings and residential houses.
Our operators have over 100 years of combined experience. This experience gives us an advantage when it comes to maintaining tight schedules on complex projects. Some of the major structures that we have demolished in our history include:
- Multiple bridges and buildings to accommodate Anthony Henday expansion
- Edmonton Central Post Office at new Royal Alberta Museum site
- Edmonton Arena District (EAD) - Staples
- Victoria Composite High School
- University Hospital - 8 stories, 2,000,000 sq/ft
- Royal Trust Tower - 10 stories on Jasper Ave
- John Ducey Park
- Gainers Meat Packers - Whyte Avenue
- Burns Meat Packers - 10 storey
- Clark Stadium
- Griesbach Base - 500,000 sq/ft of buildings
- Agrium - 45 foot high sulfuric acid converter (completed in 14 days in operational plant)
- Asbestos Mine building - 200,000 sq/ft and 45 ft tall in Dawson City, Yukon